background

Saturday, May 1, 2010

New happenings

A lot of new things have been happening here lately. Our piano is getting tuned, I am really excited about that. They had to take a whole piece out so that it could be fixed. We should get it back this week sometime and it will be tuned so I am excited for that. I miss playing it a lot!

Here is a picture of the piece that was taken out:

I started soccer, I have had two practices and I just got my soccer T-shirt, I am number 72! So far I enjoy it and not just because my friends are there. I enjoythe game too. Our coach is really nice. He is a homeschool dad to seven children.


Yesterday we had a young-people's event that my parents set up called Serve One Another.
Outside of spilling ranch salad dressing on the boy I was serving, it was a good evening!
My best friend and I both just happened to wear black & white. :)

We each got a Serve One Another scripture text that a sweet older couple from our chapel family made. It is a beautiful sunrise photo taken in Zambia, Africa. I like what the back says too.
"In Zambia, centeral Africa, the setting sun signals the end of another day.
God gives us opportunities every day to serve Him by serving others. Do we use these opportunities to bring joy to His heart? It is our Lord's desire, indeed His command, that we serve one another. ~ And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will recieve the reward of the inheritance, for your serve the Lord Christ." ~ Colossians 3:23-24
Through one of the games we played at the Serve One Another night, I learned that one of my good friends has a favorite singing group called GLAD. I never heard them before. Mom looked them up and I think they are very good too. I really enjoy (good) music with musical instruments but I like accapella singing a lot too. Here is a song from this group, Glad. Maybe you will like them too. :)


Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. You are doing such a wonderful job! What a sweet spirit you are displaying here for all of us to glean from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so wonderful to be blessed with so many Christian friends to do activities with. It is a blessing to me knowing you have such friends. You are having such good times with them too. God is soooooo gooooood! Praise His name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the boy you spilled dressing on happen to be the fellow acting as Shylock???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- yes indeed it was. It was however an accident!

    ReplyDelete