background

Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Divine Dance: What are the next steps?

This struck me as we read again from The Divine Dance" by Shannon Kubiak Primicerio

"When your heart is tuned to God's song, He will put you in the right place at the right time to use you For HIS Glory!"

God has gifted each of us for our time and our place here on Earth...in our dance...for Him!

"When tomorrow comes and the scenery changes, you will find you are ready to learn the next number on the next stage of your life. Give God time to let his plans unfold. Don't worry about the next step. God will make sure that you make it to wherever you need to be. And when you hear a pause in the music or can't make out the tune, sit at your Teacher's feet and listen for what's next."

Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harms you, plans for hope and a future." This is a great promise as none of us know what our future holds. (except ultimately Heaven if we are saved...and I hope if you are reading this you DO know for certain where your eternal future will be. If not, please leave me a comment.)
Jeremiah 29:11 is a life verse for my parents. They had many years of my dad's schooling when they first were married so this verse became very important to them then. It has been a great encouragement to them and I've heard it often and it is now a great promise for me. Many of my recent Bible studies are dealing with "future", etc. I do look forward to that time but am also enjoying the present!
Our jr. church teacher told us this Sunday that we are all pre-husbands and pre-wives or at least He challenged us to look at ourselves this way this week. I've had some good talks with my mom but we also did a Bible study on Sarah. Most Christians reading this probably know the stories from the Bible of Abraham and Sarah. We studied how she was a loving, loyal, and capable partner in every way to her husband. They both wanted to live lives pleasing to the Lord. Besides being devoted to the Lord, they were devoted to each other.
Some of the choices Sarah made might not have been the best ones, but she was human and imperfect like we all are. She tried to help God's plan along instead of waiting. God does not want -or need- our help, He wants our obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment